Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Half day in Split, Croatia

We once again had the privilege of sailing into port in the daylight as we arrived in Split at noon on August 24th. We had just a half a day in Split so once again, we decided to just wander on our own to see what we could find.

But first we decided to have breakfast in the diningroom when we heard they serve Eggs Benny!

Unremarkable but I loved the grilled tomatoes every morning!


I had heard that Split was quite beautiful and while I agree that there was some natural beauty, in my opinion, Montenegro was much more beautiful.


Covered market


Bougainvillea - my favourite Mediterranean flower



Intrigued by their long, flat brickwork


Scored my son a shirt from the Game of Thrones shop

Promenade back to the ship

Tired roommate.  It was over 30 C

and this guy greeted us on our return.


Now we have another full day at sea ahead of us as we head south towards Naples, Italy.

Back to Italy we go!

Mavis


No comments:

Post a Comment